Monday, December 21, 2009

Birthday party @ Habitot in Berkeley

birthday cake

On Sunday, we were invited to a birthday party at Habitot in Berkeley. We have not been there and I only did a quick internet search to get an idea that it's an interactive museum for young kids. We were warned that Miss T may get a little dirty, so I did bring a change of clothes for her with us. Of course, as usual, I left it in the car so it was a good thing we didn't need it.

The birthday party was in a separate room away from the actual play area. The place is not too big, but I imagined it would be more difficult to keep track of the little ones if it's any bigger. There are different areas set up for different activities. I think Miss T like the art/craft room the most.

painting
We need to figure out a way to install one of these in our home. It's just a big piece of plastic/fiberglass mounted on the wall. It gets wash down with water from time to time to provide fresh canvas. She loves to paint and I don't let her paint nearly often enough at home. (I do have carpet everywhere!) It's hard to tell in the picture, but she is wearing an apron that they provided there. The main reason why she didn't need that change of clothes.

stamping
Aside from painting, there's a table set up for stamping. There's one more set up where they could play with gak. Gak is a very weird, slimy substance. But I guess that's part of the appeal? I can't tell you since I don't think I'm the target subject for it.

firewoman?
There is a firetruck set up complete with the uniform to play dress up with. Miss T wore it long enough for me to take a picture. There are other areas that we haven't got a chance to explore yet. I think we may have to come back, perhaps on a play date with one of her friend. (Maybe with Miss R?)

Back to the birthday party, there was of course great food. I think our hosts made most of the food. (Really, really good green curry chicken!) Miss T really enjoy the spam masubi and the cupcakes. To show the extend of their attention to details, they even made gingerbread cookie personalized with the child's name on them in the party bag.

gingerbread man
And here's the partially eaten cookie. Miss T was too quick for me so I didn't get a chance to take a picture until she already took a couple bites. I wasn't sure she would like gingerbread cookie, but she sure liked this one. Thanks for the invite. We definitely had a fun time.

Habitot Children's Museum
www.
habitot.org

2065 Kittredge Street
Berkeley, CA 94704-1404
(510) 647-1111

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Glad Miss T had a great time! Love the pictures and thank you for coming :)