Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Concert @ Daycare

christmas gift from daycare

So today is the Christmas concert/party at Miss T's daycare. (We got this really cute picture of our little girl and a frame that she painted and decorated as gift.) Miss T had been talking about practicing the songs and being told that she had to stand still and be quiet the whole week. Actually, Chris was not planning on going, but decided to in the end since she was so excited about it.

How did it go? I don't know, we ended up missing the whole thing because I was stuck in traffic. Times like this really get me thinking about working closer to home. I felt so bad about missing it. Since I had to pick Chris up on the way, he missed it as well. So don't even get me started on how much more guilty I felt when this conversation happened:
Miss T: "Mama, you didn't see me singing."
"I know sweetie, I got stuck on the road with a lot of cars. I'm so sorry."
"I didn't see Mama or Dada out there."
"I know sweetie, Mama is really sorry."
"It's okay Mama, it's an accident."
She then proceed to give me a big hug and a kiss.

I don't deserve such sweet girl.

Chris got her a couple of macaroons from the place next to his work while waiting for me to pick him up as a small treat for her. Sorry for the blurry picture, but there's no way she would stay still.
raspberry macroon

In an effort to try to make me feel better, since I was crying as I'm sitting in traffic calling to him that we'll be late, he got me a salted caramel chocolate tart.

I don't deserve such sweet husband either.

The guilt of being a working mom continues...

No comments: