Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chicken and waffle

Blue Bottle Coffee & Little Skillet

Chris told me that there's a little, tiny place in the SOMA area that sells chicken and waffle. He had it for lunch on time and thinks that I should check it out. We had planned on going to the Timbuk2 warehouse sale this morning until we saw the line wrapped around the corner. There is no way we could wait in that line with a 3 years old. So he decided that we'll go grab food before heading back. There's also a Blue Bottle Coffee next door. My standard for good coffee is this, if I don't need to add sugar, it's good. I got one while I wait for my 3 piece chicken and waffle. (There is no sittings unless you want to sit across the street on the loading dock of the building.) It's a little pricey at $10, but enough food for me to share with Miss T.

3 pieces chicken with waffle

I also had to get a brown sugar black pepper biscuit. I wish the biscuit was warm, but the sugar/back pepper topping was delicious. If I ever make biscuit, I will definitely copy that.

Brown sugar & black pepper biscuit

The final verdict? The chicken was better than the waffle. I probably won't go out of my way to get it again unless I really have a craving for chicken and waffle. A very cute little place though.

No comments: