Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lake Tahoe

Lake Tahoe

For whatever reason, we have waited to take Miss T up to Tahoe to see/play snow. Chris haven't been up snowboarding as much as he would have like to the last few years since I think he feels guilty to leave us on weekends instead of hanging out with us. After doing some research, Chris found that Northstar have ski school starting at 3. So, off we go to Tahoe the day after she turns 3!

We left about mid-morning/lunch time on Sunday and planned on leaving on Tuesday after ski school is over. By the time we got there, it was about 3 in the afternoon so we went straight to Northstar to check whether we need to get her fitted for the equipments. She was so excited to finally play with snow! It was quite difficult to walk about when she stops at every little pile on the side of the walkway to touch it.

Playing with snow

We stayed at a lodge with full kitchen since we both got to the point where we rather eat in then out. (Yikes! We've turned into our parents!!) The lodge was really nice and had access in the back to the lake. Miss T and I went out for a little walk and she even allowed me to take some pictures of her. I didn't get a chance to take any on her birthday this year due to the party so I just had to take her birthday pictures at the lake. I think I got a few nice shots. A little more playing in the snow and we went back to get settle in for the night in preparation for the next day.

3 years old

Miss T and I both have ski school on Monday. I gave up on the whole snowboarding thing so I figure I'll give skiing a shot. We dropped her off with no issues. I think the fact that she goes to daycare everyday really helped. All I can say about my lesson is that I was better than snowboarding, but that's really not saying much. I also started to get sick after about an hour into my lesson so I had to cut it short. Will I try again? I don't know, despite the fact that I like it more I'm not sure I still like it. I'm just not an active/sport person I guess. Chris and I were actually wondering whether the poor girl would get my athletic skill (or lack there of). She only got about 2 hours of actual skiing time, attention span of a 3 year old is not exactly long after all. We went to see her and were relieved that luckily she has Chris's athletic ability rather than mine.

Snow piggy

The second day started off with light snow and got heavier as the day went. Miss T actually leveled up and skiing mid-mountain instead. By then I was hit with the flu and no way am I doing anything. So in order to go see her, I had to get a ticket to ride the gondola to get there. She looks so small on the hill. Despite the heavy snow at times, she still goes on that magic carpet after sliding down every time. Her usual bad attitude when trying new things were no where to be seen. In fact, she didn't even get frustrated after she fell. (Another thing she didn't get from me!) I'm so proud of her.

Skiing Talise

She's talking about going back already. I think the snow will stay around for a little while longer so that may happen again soon.

No comments: